Civil and Environmental Engineering Society (CEES) is the main society within the department that consists of the academic staff and students. The role of academic staff within the society is mainly advisory. The goal of the Civil and Environmental Engineering Society is to upgrade student’s life in the department giving them opportunity to improve their leadership and interpersonal qualities. Apart CEES represent the department in inter-university, national and international activities.
Some of the specific activities carried out by the CEES include:
- Holding Annual General Meeting to elect office bearers for tenure of 12 months.
- Organizing guest lectures by inviting key personnel from the industry and research organizations.
- Organizing charity work to promote and encourage students of serving underprivileged sectors of the society.
- Organizing a campaign on public’s awareness of the environment to celebrate the World Environmental Day.
- Conducting “Civil Engineering Research Exchange Symposium (CERES)” every year, collaborating with Civil Engineering Societies of the University of Peradeniya and University of Moratuwa.
- Conducting Graduate Symposium to share the research outcomes of undergraduate research work.
Advisor - Dr. Champika Ellawala
Senior Treasurer - Dr(Mrs).Samanthi Seneviratne
President - Mr. Gunathilaka K.D.B.K
Vice President - Mr. Hettiarachchi H.A.M
Secretary - Mr. Ranaweera R.C.W
Junior Treasurer - Mr. Rajapaksha R.M.T.B
Social secretary - Mr. Premasinghe E.G.C.R
Mr. Hemarathna S.R.W.K.M.S
Miss. Nisansala R.M.M
Mr. Maduranga D.H.A
Mr. Rathnayaka R.M.H.A
Mr. Thushanthan K.
Mr. Nadun R.M.D
Mr. Jayasundara J.L
Miss. De Silva G.K.I
Mr. Bandara S.A.D.I