The Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Division has two staff members with post graduate qualification obtained from universities in different parts of the world. The memebers have gained very valuable experience in research and consultancy through numerous projects handled both in Sri Lanka and Overseas.
The division has a well equipped laboratories of Soil Mechanics and Rock Mechanics and is capable of conducting most of the standard laboratory tests. It also has the equipments needed to conduct number of field tests.
Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Engineering Division provides services to meet the requirements of engineering undergraduates, postgraduates, external researchers and the industrial community. Following are some of the ongoing services provided by the two laboratories.
- Conducting undergraduate laboratory sessions
- Providing facilities for undergraduate research projects
- Providing facilities for postgraduate research
- Providing consultancy services and conducting research for the industrial community
- Participating in workshops and seminars related to the Environmental Engineering